What can I do about my 2 1/2 y.o. attitude?

I'm not sure what to make of the sudden change of attitude from my 2 1/2 y.o. I'm begining to wonder what "I" am doing wrong. My mind is telling me it's just a phase, but my heart hurts because I am at a loss of what to do.
This is were you ladies come in. I need peace of mind. Also a few tips that might help ease my hurt, frustration, and confusion.
He has turned "mean", for a lack of a better word. He will deliberatly hurt his baby brother. Scream at me and his dad. I can handle him yelling at me. I put him in his place and he calms down. His baby brother is a different story.
He will go out of his way to hit him, push him down, throw toys at him, pinch him, hit him with toys, run into him on his trike, step on his fingers, the list goes on and on. The thing I can't understand is that it come on out of no where. Last Sunday all was fine. They play together, he would get him toys to play with. He was as happy with his baby b

NicoleWienke

Asked by NicoleWienke at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's exactly what I'm scared of when i have my 2nd daughter. Could it be jealousy? Maybe once in a while there could be one on one time w/ mommy or daddy then altogether.
    meli14k

Answer by meli14k at 10:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• put him in his place just like when he gives you attitude...
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ugh... good luck mommy... sounds like jealousy -how old is baby brother?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You need to stop it now or it wil get worse. Time outs might help.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2009