why is my relationship going down hill since my pregnancy?

why do i feel like i am not good enough anymore for my partner? ever since i got pregnant it seems as though he doesn't want me. he is a good person, he doesn't go out or cheat but we just have been fighting/arguing to much since i got pregnant!!!
please help. i just feel like crap anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• well you are crazy emotional- that is just a fact of life during pregnancy. You could be over reacting to something or he could be overreacting to your emotions. It is also a scary thing with an impending baby. I will bet this is ya'lls first? You are both probably worried about if you will be good parents, or if the baby will be ok. It is a very stressful but joyous time. Take time to sit down and talk to each other about this. See if you can find the root of the problem. It could bring you two even closer.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I felt the same way when i first found out I was pregnant, some women feel absolutely gorgeous when they are prego but from the sounds of it your like me, you feel ugly and like a fat whale; my SO and i started fighting more it seemed like because of it too, im not sure if i was the one who would nit pick and cause majority of it because of my insecurities but everything will be fine like Zata said just talk to him, he needs to get used to it because you;re going to be crying over spilt milk here shortly
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• When I was pregnant I was in a foul mood all teh time and just couldnt help it. Seriously somedays I would wake up and look for a fight, just because I wanted to fight. Your hormones go nutso and it is actually common to experience i guess almost what you would call pregnancy induced depression. A recent study also showed that 60% of women who experienced postpartum depression had signs and symptoms DURING their pregnancy. So that feeling of low self worth your experiencing is hormone incduced. Be open with your so about the crazy of mess of feelings you have. My husband was and still is so sensitive to my crazy moods and simply knowing that I was acting the way I was for a certain reason really helped him take things with a grain of salt. If you continue to struggle I would reccomend speaking with your doctor. I'm not sure if you can take antidepressants while pregnant but I do know that talk therapy might help blow off cont
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• some steam and vent out all teh chaos. Pregnancy certainly isnt as glamorous as Hollywood makes it seem is it
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009