Who comes first?

When you re-marry who comes first? My Dh seems to put his kids over me. Should I accept that or am I suppose to come first in the marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well it all depends....his children should come first, just like you would put your own children before any man. But if he is clearly disregarding you or mistreating you due to anything that has to do with him then that's wrong. Give some examples of how you think he's choosing them over you. Remember these are your step kids...
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• married to my sons father or step father or just have a boyfriend. kids come first. My boyfriend of 2 years knows he is 2nd and when we have kids together (after married) then our kids will be first also...how it is
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• kids come first ,but he also has to give you Your place as his wife and the respect you deserves and have them respect you and don't disrespect you .There's a difference between being first and you being last ...there's times that you should be first and he has to put time apart for you just like any other marriage...Good luck is hard

R3DR0S3

Answer by R3DR0S3 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Children always come first. Whether they are yours or his. No ifs ands or buts
    Anonymous

• I don't think children should come first. Your husband should come first. Don't get me wrong there are certain times when kids need to come first like when they are crying, need to be fed, or in disstress. But you need time with your spouse.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Children's needs get attended to first, as they can't usually help themselves. Children and husband are equal in love, nurturing, growing and being a family. Both are the most important people in my life.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 12:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2009