• In the Spotlight:

what's the best way to get rid of blackheads?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You've got to get them out one way or another but pinching can damage your skin more than if you use a biore strip or something similar. After they're out, I think you would have a lot more luck with preventative things like the masks and scrubs.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Short term Biore strips are great.
    Long term you need to stop using products with Mineral Oils.
    I had blackheads and breakouts for over 20 years.
    I am now using Arbonne products. They have no mineral oils and the makeup is talc free.
    I try to do a Deep Pore cleansing mask once a week and you shouldn't sleep in your makeup.
    My blackheads have reduced in size and numbers!!!!

Take a look at my site and let me know if you have any questions.
    Rebecca
    http://try.myarbonne.com/

AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• In addition to what AussieMum said, you can use a mild enzymatic peel, such as a pumpkin rind bioferment compound, to exfoliate and reduce the amount of dead skin that can clog pores.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Silly, but they say to dab a dot of white tooth paste on problem acne and it infact dries it up...Good Luck 2 u!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 11:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• They make a little tool for blackhead removal. I think Revlon sells them, just look in your Revlon tool area and you'll find it along with tweezers and toenail clippers.
    wooly

Answer by wooly at 12:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well you can start going for regular facials at a local salon, but it gets pricey. Find a good cleanser and mask for blackheads. At first your gonna notice the blackheads look worse. That's because the cleansing ang mask is doing its job and clearing out your pores, which is why they are coming to the surface. Its sucks, but resist the urge to pick! And after those go, you should notice less and less blackheads.
    MamaLuvsNolan

Answer by MamaLuvsNolan at 12:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Avon has great products for blackhead clearing. I personally am a huge fan of the Clearskin Professionals line. My customers also like the Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel. You can try them at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I really like freemans peel off mask make sure your face is SUPER clean and oil free when you do it but it really sucks the black heads out
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 9:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2009