Tender & Soreness

I am almost 37 weeks & at my Doc Appt this past Thursday she told me the head is down & 85% effaced. I'm so sore in the pelvic area especially after sitting or laying down for very long. I was wondering what was could be causing this. This is my 4th pregnancy but I can't remember feeling this before. I am dialated 3cm also. The pain sometimes is almost like a burning feeling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The baby is probably pressing on your pelvic bone. My son did that and for the last 4 weeks I had to deal with pain.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am almost 32 weeks and I have the same thing! I thought I was nuts until I did a little research and found out that the burning feeling in my pelvic area is pretty common...getting out of bed, rolling over in bed, lifting one leg to put on pants....all very painful. I read that hormones released during pregnancy loosen up the ligaments in the pelvic area and sometimes they loosen too much. The stretching causes the burning sensation. I feel your pain! Hang in there!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009