How I can I get my 8 month old on a better schedule, he sometimes goes to bed a midnight.

luckiestmommy7

Asked by luckiestmommy7 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you having trouble getting him to sleep before then, or not taking him because he had a late nap or doesn't seem tired? Best thing to do is start with morning time... if he's not waking up by about 8, wake him then. Get him down for a nap within 2-3 hours, and then a second nap within 2-3 hours of waking up from that one. He should be ready to go down again by a reasonable hour. Set a naptime and bedtime routine and stick to it until it really sticks. Be a stickler for bedtime until he adjusts to the routine, then you can make exceptions and get home late every once in awhile, etc. Good luck.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son did and still happens to hate to sleep but I read the healthy sleep habits, happy child book and it gave me a place to start at least -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• my son was unscheduled til the 8 month mark , now he's suddenly got his own schedule, maybe it will fall int oplace on its own. he just suddenly went from being all over the place to 2 regular naps then down for the night between 8-9pm. it happened about the time he finally started self-soothing.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 11:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009