• In the Spotlight:

How much milk to give my baby?

When my doctor gives me the ok to give my baby cows milk, How much do i give to her a day? What do you ladies do with your babies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ped said that my 4 month old was too young for solid food, but after 9 (8) oz bottles a day of formula, I started putting a little cereal in a feeder and she starting sleeping though the night.
    torismom14

Answer by torismom14 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• give her as much as you would formula.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Swap formula for milk for the most part. Our pediatrician recommends no more than 20-24oz.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• if in a bottle 6 ounces . is this your first child? dont take that as an insult it was not!!!!!!!!!
    beth98

Answer by beth98 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• So basicly, i just do this the same as formula. But for how long?
    Anonymous

• eventually the amount of solid foods he eats will counter balance the milk and he wont want as much. i would give him the bottle of milk after you give him his solids, if you give him the milk first it will fill him up so he wont eat as much solids. and just take your clues from him as to wether or not he wants/needs more milk than you are giving him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My doc said whatever the baby wants. No set amount. If the number is "none" that's OK. If it's 24 ounces, that's OK too.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009