• In the Spotlight:

How do I still look good while being pregnant?

I am starting into my 3rd trimester and i dont feel very pretty. How can i change that? I no longer am able to make love to my husband and so things are not going very well for me. I am becoming more and more depressed because of the situation. How can I change things around. This is something other moms would have to help me with instead of my doctor. I need help and I am lost.

alexanderh08

Asked by alexanderh08 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why can't you make love to your husband anymore? Because you don't feel pretty?
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Go out and find yourself a nice new shirt or something to easily make yourself look pretty by feeling pretty refreshed and new. It doesn't necessarily have to be a maternity store, target whatever, cause there are cute regular shirts that will fit your belly. Get a free make over at the make up counters and tell your husband to take you out on a date or out for a nice walk at night in the city (if its not freezing where you are)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well it's really hard to say. I can just say to try other postitions for sex, or even just oral, or using hands. Sexual things are important sometimes and it sounds like one of those times. Put makeup on and maybe get some new maternity clothes. It makes me feel better to shop and put on makeup. Hopefully it works for you too =/
    sorry your feeling like this though =[
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Get lots of rest! You will have whole new perspective after resting. As far as the lovemaking, unless your doc has said not to, you can do it until that baby is born! You just have to get creative with positions. Make sure to take care of yourself and continue to make an effort, even when you don't feel like it. Do the hair and makeup, put on a cute shirt and make sure you have comfy shoes! Try to do some extra pampering if you can, a pedicure, a pregnancy massage, a new hairdo, etc. Make sure your husband knows how you feel too, I'm sure he will be willing to help if he knows, but he can't do anything if he doesn't know how you feel. And most importanly remeber, you are in the process of creating human life, that is one of the most beautiful things us women can do! When you see some cute skinny chick that you want to be jealous of, remind yourself that she didn't develop a lung or put color into an eye today, but you did!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Pregnancy is always beautiful. It allows you to glow,
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Make yourself up and excentuate your best attribute. Buy a pair of sexy pajamas, it will make you feel sexier as well.  Good luck!

Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 7:52 PM on Apr. 5, 2009