Getting my 22 month old to eat!? Please Help!!!!

So no matter what i try, I cannot get my child to eat veggies or heaven forbid, anything that is good for him, if he could eat french fries and goldfish crackers for the rest of his life he would be happy!! Any suggestions???

owensmom0622

Asked by owensmom0622 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you try different types of veggies?Like broccoli with cheese, mach potato with butter and milk, baby carrots with dressing (let him get the carrot and dip them in dressing). Also, you can make little cars or little people with the veggies.
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You are not a short order cook - Don't let HIM decide what to eat. In a few weeks of not being full enough, he will understand this. Of course, you wouldn't Starve your child - but you shouldn't also be catering to him food choices now, or it will only continue- otherwise also - they do make that V8 juice that is veggies and fruit mixed but it only tastes like fruit juice?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• when i grew up we didnt have a choice in what we ate, we ate what was on the table. he'll eat when he get hungry enough
    Anonymous

• Have you tried the Deceptively Delicious cookbook? I just got it and and recently started making the purees. Sadly to deceive my husband into eating veggies, not my toddler! Its got great recipes, but also a lot of tips for still offering children veggies and balancing the diet. Otherwise, just keep offering stuff in fun, new ways. I read that toddlers sometimes have to try a new food up to 10 times before deciding if they actually like it. And for the fries, you can try sweet potato fries as an alternative.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There's also The Sneaky Chef recipe book.
    Howiesmommy

Answer by Howiesmommy at 11:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Let them dip stuff in ketchup! My son will eat any veggies as long as he has ketchup. Try sweet potatoe fries instead of regular fries.
    AutmnDreams

Answer by AutmnDreams at 4:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009