What percentage of your vote last November

was based on ability to respond to a crisis or attack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The 3 things I care MOST about when choosing a candidate...and I don't care which party they are affiliated with:

1.) Economy (fiscally conservative, pro-capitalism)
    2.) Military (strongly supports and invests in)
    3.) Immigration (for legals, against illegals)

Reason being..these are (IMO) THE MOST important issues for the United States to address and maintain. They are what will keep America strong and sound...you know the country you have grown to love!

The 3 things I could care LESS about when it comes to choosing a candidate are:

1.) Abortion (for or against it)
    2.) Same-sex marriage (for or against it)
    3.) Drug legalization (for or against it)

Reason being...regardless of where a candidate falls on those kinds of issues, they don't strengthen or weaken the country. They are personal morals and values.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• N.Korea launches a missile that many informed knew was going to happen at some point, and now cafemom will be filled with questions like this. Too late, Too bad.
    Anonymous

• Zero, actually.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't really know what percentage it played, but having someone in office who had experience was very important to me. Unfortunately, many other Americans thought CHANGE was better than knowledge. Leaves me to wonder which direction the next missile go...

Anonymous

• gdiamante, you truly gave no thought to how your President would react in a crisis? That is scary.
    Anonymous

• 51% of the population decided HOPE was better than experience so I was outvoted. Ahhh well, "goodbye cruel world" or some such dramatic dying declaration..... LOL
    Anonymous

• Nope. My focus was on the economy.

But I'm old enough to really remember the Cold War. Nothing going on today scares me all that much.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my focus was on protection for our country...

most voted on "hope" and "change"...omg...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I wasn't voting based on fear. I voted based on who I believed was better for our country AS A WHOLE, not just 1 little piece of the Presidential puzzle. McCain seriously lacked on his ability to convince me on his capacity to deal with the economy, health care, education, poverty, social security and issues facing us on a daily basis. I voted for the one who I thought had better plans for the people of this country on every facet. And who didn't have to be corrected by Lieberman on an almost daily basis. Sorry, the apparent senility of McCain did frighten me and with Palin as next in line... one word... YIKES!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• In part I voted against McCain because I thought he was not even tempered enough to be in charge in a crisis. He couldn't even hold his tongue during the debates, muttering "horseshit" twice. That behavior is not acceptable for the man with his finger on the button that could kill millions or even billions of people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009