First adult tooth behind baby tooth

My son's first adult tooth is coming in behind his baby tooth. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a sign that braces are in our future?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My friends son has this, 2 adult ones behind his baby teeth one of the baby teeth came out and the adult ones have started to move forward but there is no roon for them yet. I think when the other baby tooth comes out his will be okay.
    You can go to the dentist if you think it will be a problem
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My 6 yr old has her adult tooth behind her 2nd loose tooth (that's just hanging on by a thread!). I am really hoping that things will work out if we get that baby tooth out once & for all, but she sees the dentist soon for a checkup/filling, so we'll see what she says then.
    kstchr

Answer by kstchr at 12:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I took my son in to the dentist. He said if it makes the full trajectory up and the baby tooth is not out then it will never move into place (without orthadontics). He gave it 3 more weeks and then I need to bring him to get it pulled.
    Anonymous