How to put together a beauty pageant ?

I have 4 girls of my own and they love pageants.Well I am interested in having my own pageants for the kids in my community.I would love any advice or information that anyone would have on the subject.Thanks !

4mom247

Asked by 4mom247 at 3:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• OOOh that sounds like so much fun :) How big were you wanting to go? Just something in the back yard or something bigger where you would need to rent a space? If you are going bigger, You might try asking local businesses-especially salons, clothes stores, etc.-to sponsor it.
    Avonlady81

Answer by Avonlady81 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 1, 2008

• We have a few places like an old school house and a community center that will let people do things like this for free,Im pretty lucky there.lol I am looking at the age groups of newborn to 13. I dont know alot about the titles and things like that.We were thinking about having carwashes and bake sales to raise the money for the crowns and things.Then I can put the entrance fees toward the next one,if it goes well.lol
    4mom247

Answer by 4mom247 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2008

• 1 you need a name, and copyrighting it or trademarking it would be a good idea, research the name well some pageants get mad if you use theirs, even if you didnt know it was taken.
    2. make sure you have enough money (its gonna cost a bit) for crowns, banners, trophies ect.
    3. The parents of the girls who dont win a big title (some not all) will be angry and will bad mouth you pageant, so be ready for that.
    4. be available and able to answer any and all questions
    5. are you thinking of doing a program book or not? You'll need to figure in the cost for that too if you do use one.
    there are a lotof things to think about before you get started. Hope it works out for you.
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 5:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2008

• PM me & I can help you out some. I am the director for 3 pageants here in our area. summerm has given you some great advice so far to start with.
    aks1382

Answer by aks1382 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2008