Has anyone ever had genital warts?

So today I just found out that I have genital warts and started treatment for them. It's sometime of acid treatment that has to be done at the doctor's office. How can get over this feeling of depression I have over it? I don't feel attractive anymore. Will I ever be able to have sex without condoms with my husband?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• Chances are your husband gave them to you. Men don't show any symptoms of genital warts so there is no way to know if they already carry it before you are with them..... That being said I had them 3 years ago, they cleared up while I was pregnant, and I haven't seen once since. It's confusing because the GYN said that you would have outbreaks FOREVER. I was terrified, but it hasn't been that awful.
    Anonymous

• If your husband wants gential warts than have sex without condoms. You can in fact pass gental warts onto somone else even with a condom, you just need any genital contact with an infected person. Obviously, one of you cheated in order for you to get this and not him. Gential warts will never go away. Your stuck with them.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Clarification: The warts themselves will go away. You won't always have the breakouts. But the disease will always be there.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No nobody had to cheat, you can carry this infection for years without showing any signs. Check your facts before you go telling someone that load of CRAP!!!
    Anonymous

• ...no one had to cheat to get them. guys dont always show signs so he could have had them from before... and you dont always have a breakout so you could have had them from a long time ago. different things trigger it.
    Anonymous

• And I have sex with my man without condoms, because men don't get the warts, and we are exclusively together(we have no other partners to spread it to)
    Anonymous

• Well if her husband gave them to her chances are he doesn't have enough respect to use a condom less more cheat! There are bigger things than genital warts, maybe you need to reevaluate your relationship. Is he going to do this again. IF HE WAS THE ONE THAT GAVE THIS TO HER. Sorry this is upon you and good luck to you hon.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ok so he didn't cheat, now we have that established just use a condom with a breakout and stop feeling so depressed. Don't worry girl there are medicine out there to help you. It could have been much worse.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Wow, are you in high school? No I don't have genital warts. Anons are funny.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yeah Sarapurser, I'm a different anon and you couldn't be more wrong! HPV/genital warts can lie dormant in the human body for up to 10 years.

Other anon is right...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2009