Is it harder to raise kids when they are 6yrs + apart??

I'm only 23 and my son is 4. My boyfriends and I have are planning the whole marriage, house and more kids. I didnt want to have them spread out so far but I can't deny my boyfriend the experience of being a new parent just because I already had a kid when we got together. I want another child just worried about the time gap.

bms1208

Asked by bms1208 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl my daughter is 8 and my son is 2. Trust me I think its better like that. I can name so many reasons why. But go ahead and give that man what he wants and desires and don't even worry about the age differences.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• my brother is 8 years older than i am.

i loved the age difference. he knew EVERYTHING. haha! and if my parents were to go out. he'd be the one to babysit me. he could cook for me and help me with homework. we're so close! even now. in elementary school i could use him as a threat. XD

although, it also depends on the individual children.... :D
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• age gap doesn't matter to much unless it's like 25 yrs gap like someone i know cause he is moved out and doesn't spend time with his brother. i have my youngest at 3 and my youngest older son at 14. now there is a gap but it works out great cause he can baby sit. not for long though he doesn't watch her very well. then i have a 17 yr old who is much better but he doesn't play with her cause he is not into kids.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Mine were almost 5 years apart and I liked it that way. The older child had the one on one attention when it was needed and will be able to help you with the new one (include them in the whole pregnancy and once the baby comes to make them feel more accepting of it). When they're only a year or so apart, the older one still wants and needs to be held and this way you're not fighting for them to give you some room and not hurt the baby, not having to change two diapers all the time, and fighting over the toys as much (that will come later tho if they're the same sex). I'm glad ours are spread out...all around good for us.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Mine are eleven and two. I think I have it MUCH easier than women with kids close in age. I love it. My oldest is a huge help, and as far as the little one is concerned the world revolves around her.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have a 26 year old a 13 year old and a 8 year old. The 26 year old took the 13 year old to the drive in tonight and is taking the 8 year old to the museum on Monday. While this wasn't my initial plan I have found I really have gotten to enjoy my kids without the chaos of a bunch of little ones at once. I always say I have 3 "only" childs because they each got so much one on one time.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No I think its easier because the older child can help to look after the new child
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 5:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You are 23, plenty of time, calm down.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We have 2, soon to be 3. The first 2 are 10 years apart and it was awesome. I'm really scared about having 2 only 3 years apart.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2009