TWINS AND BEDTIME.

Okay I have two beautiful children. They are 8 months old and I cant seem to get them to sllep at the same time. If my daughter is sleeping my son is awake and vise-versa. My problem is that I cant seem to get any time to myself. If its not one its the other. I have been neglecting my relationship with my boyfriend for quite some time now. I have tried everything from letting them cry themselves to sleep and holding them til they fall alseep. Nothing and I mean NOTHING works. Please if you have any advice I desperatly need it.

ANDTWINS

Asked by ANDTWINS at 11:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are they on the same feeding schedule? I have 5mo old twins, and i made sure i put them on a schedule. They both eat at the same time, nap pretty much at the same time (one usually sleeps a little longer than the other), etc. If you havent done the schedule yet, try it. Also, make sure you have a bedtime routine like dinner, bottles, bathtime, maybe a story, then down in the crib sleepy but awake. During the day, make sure you dont wait till they are too tired to put them down for their nap. My girls' schedule is an early-morning feeding (anywhere from 3-7am), then back to bed, they wake up around 9-10, bottle at 11, nap aound 12, play time, bottle at 3, nap around 4, play time, baby foods at 7, then bottles, bathtime, and down for bed. It takes a little bit to get on a schedule, but once they're on it, its great! They still fight sleep, but they're usually down in 10 mins or so. U can message me if u have more ?'s =)
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 12:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2009