Do you like where you live?

I hate the town we live in! I wish we could move but we are pretty much financially secure here and right now with the way things are going it is probably not a good time to move. But I hate it here, I have to pray every day for God to help me get through it. Uugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• i hate it. we live in arizona, its hot, dry, dead and prickly. but, we're stationed here (military) and haven't got a whole lot of choice
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I like it. I live in suburban Austin, TX. We have decent weather (as long as you really like summer...), an easy standard of living, friendly people, more stuff to do than you could ever actually get around to doing and it's even a pretty place to live.

Sometimes I think I'd love to live somewhere stodgy and New England-y with four distinct seasons and people who say, "Ayuh.." but then I realize that I have no idea how to drive in snow.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I live in Seattle and although all the water around me is pretty, I don't have a view, nor do I own a boat and the gray and rain is totally depressing. You can't go out in the rain. At least in AZ you can go outside.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I'm not exactly thrilled about where we live, when our other house sells we're going to put this one up for sale and then bulid a new house a few miles down the road from here... It's more secluded and I want more land for our boys to explore on... I don't want to change schools etc but I want a better location...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I live in Nevada and the people are just rude and obnoxious. Hate them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I also live around the Seattle area and after growing up in Florida the winters really get to me. I enjoy where we live and hate it at the same time. Mostly it is because I could not be farther away from my family. I think that is really what gets me down, that and all of the rain. I miss the heat and I miss sunshine, I miss beaches, I miss swimming, I miss the best shopping and malls. We are military also so we don't have much of a choice and have been hrer for over 5 years and are so ready for a change. I just wish that we were on the East coast.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I hate my town but its were my family is I've tried getting dd to transfer to another store he works at wal-mart and I'm a sahm that sells avon and hair bows so that wouldnt affect me and dd isnt in school but no such luck hes such a mommas boy
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would not want to live any where else!
    We live in N.E. Texas ~ Even though I love to visit other places and states. I would not move!
    Weather is pretty good, Not many mountains , OKAY no mountains - but that's okay also.

But we love it here. Economy is pretty good, prices in general are pretty good and I have 3 states close by that are easy to drive to. Plus the coast down south. Lots to do all the time!
    gr-mom2

Answer by gr-mom2 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2009