What should I charge for babysitting 3 little ones

I do infant and childcare out of my home. This lady wants to know if I would watch her three children ages 2,3 and 3 months old. I normally charge $70 per week/$15 per weekday/$25.00 a day for Weekends.

Starfire73

Asked by Starfire73 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• For two kids, I pay a sitter $11/hr. For daycare/preschool, we pay $350/month 3.5 hours a day.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I pay $15 an hour...its $5 per kid...
    luvmyboys2

Answer by luvmyboys2 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't know if this can help a friend of mine send her son to day care and she pays $1,140.00 a month in NY
    Anonymous

• First of all, are you licensed? If you are licensed you can charge a little more. Also if you are not licensed you should check into regulations in your state on how many kids you can watch in your home and for how many hours per week before you have to be licensed. If you are licensed, then you should charge her what you charge as normal rate for other children. If you wanted to do like a family discount, then I would charge full price for one, and 10% off for each additional kid. So if you are charging $70 per week for one, then I would charge $195 per week for all 3.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:08 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I'm not licensed. I just babysit to help my income a little bit and to give me something to do. I have many references and never take no more than 3 kids at a time. I don't want her to think I am over charging her. 2 kids are in diapers, one is trying to finish off potty training and I provide all meals and snacks(except formula and the baby goo food)
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 5, 2009