can you help me with my menu?

I need some ideas of what I could serve hubby and son (10 months) for breakfast lunch and dinner. I am tired of starving at the end of the month so I figure if I plan a menu and stick to a list we will do better. Does anyone have anything to suggest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Poppyseed Chicken (maybe without the poppyseeds for your son). The recipe is in my journals on my profile. I love it, it's so good!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My son just turned 12 months and I'm LOVING being able to feed him the same things we're having. The way I think about it is deconstruction...

What I mean is this: My son's bottom doesn't like the effects that tomato sauce has on it, so I can make spaghetti, but brown the ground beef, then pull some out for him before adding jarred sauce to it. I cut up some of the noodles and mix in some cooked (from frozen) peas and there's his dinner, while hubby, the older boys and I are having spaghetti.

Or when hubby and I do "big salad night" I pull out some canned beans for him (he loves them!) and throw some on our salad, chunked or shredded cheese, diced cucumber...all finger foods for him to eat by himself while we eat our big salads.

Breakfast is a PITA. He and I can share instant oatmeal, though. He loves grilled cheese sammiches for lunch, too.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Shepherds Pie, it's a one skillet meal and sooo good
    Ham and cheese omelets, or blueberry bagels w/ cream cheese for breakfast, my boys love them
    I stock up on PBJ, not sure if your son should have PB yet but it's a staple in my home...
    I just do a mon-fri list, plan out the meals, and shop once a week... I don't think I could do it monthly... Oh and I always stock up on meat and seperate it and put it in the freezer...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009