Need a parent of a special needs child to do a parent interview.

I am taking a child development class in college. I do not know anyone personally in my new town that has a child with special needs. I do not need to have any identifying information (no names or cities or anything like that)

ANY help would greatly appreciated! Here is what I would need and THANKS IN ADVANCE!

 Their child’s diagnosis- what, when, where, and how.(Add how old your child is now)

 What specific special needs their child has- communication, physical, medical, and/or social.

 Where does their child go to school or receive therapy?(NOT specifically just general like public school, daycare ect)

 How has their child’s special needs impacted their family, including their marriage or the other children in the family?

 How easy is it for their child and family to participate in community activities (e.g., attending church, participating in sports, or goi

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Kids' Health

• We don't really consider our son "special needs" or handicapped. But he is. He was born with a brachial plexus injury. The injury happened at birth because he was 10 pounds 6 oz. He had a lot of therapy in his first 2 1/2 yrs of life. Finally after going to Denver and Salt Lake City, we live in Wyoming we ended up going to Philadelphia Shriner's Hospital for surgery in June 2006. He had a tendon transfer on his arm, which is just what it sounds like. After surgery he had a brace on for 30 days that lifted his arm above his head. Then we flew back to Philadelphia after 30 days and they removed the cast and put him in a splint. He had to do more therapy. Now he doesn't do formal therapy anymore. He can do most activites and can do everything all the other kids do. He is left handed (his right arm was the one injured). I hope I have answered everything, if not let me know!
    Sunfires

Answer by Sunfires at 4:33 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would love to help out. I have to fly out the door and I know I'm not going to remember to come back and find this tomorrow afternoon. My son has cerebral palsy. If you send me a pm, I'll fill in the answers and send it back.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 6, 2009