Kid not strapped into seat, WDYT?

I was chatting with my best friend and she asked me "Do you want me to let you in on a secret?" I said "Yeah, what is it?" She said "Mary(made up name for her friend) puts her son in his carseat but doesn't buckle him and sometimes he acts like he's going to crawl out of his seat while she's driving." When I acted shocked she went on about how I shouldn't criticize her parenting skills. I wasn't criticizing but to me that was plain dumb. I didn't say it like that. I was polite about it but I sure did put my two cents in it. How would you have reacted?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, obviously she knew that it was wrong, because she called it a secret. I would have said exactly what I was thinking. I don't bite my tongue, I tell it like it is!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i might've smacked her. holy crap!
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i would ask her why the heck her friend even bothers putting her son in the seat? i mean there is no point to it if hes not strapped in...so ya i would have said thats dumb too
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No matter what, set her straight. You might lose a friend but you will save a life.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• "well that's pretty fkng unsafe."

that's what i would've said.

not to criticize.. but just looking at this logically....

i'm with vabchmommy, (that was a hard sn to type at this hour, haha), why even bother putting him in the seat if she's not gonna strap the kid in..

if she has a heart she'll def. regret that decision if something terrible were to happen (i.e. a car crash).
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 12:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yeah, I even buckle my kids in. Ture, my middle son knows how to get the chest part of it undone and he undoes it every time, but still, I get them in and buckled.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i would have smacked the b*tch who didn't buckle her son... are you serious?? that is sooo dangerous... what is the point of putting the baby in the seat if she doesn't strap him

g*d forbid, but if she was ever in an accident, she would regret that horrible choice... do you know her?? thats so scary.. to sit here and think there are actually ppl out here like that... i would tell her how i feel... maybe ur "friend" would tell her how unsafe that is...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i would have been like WTF thats just laziness... poor kid...
    Mommyxtwo777

Answer by Mommyxtwo777 at 12:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I agree juliansmommy. I can't believe she nonchanlantly said this and my friend acted like it was no big deal. I like this girl, she's a nice girl, but I can't believe she's careless enough to put her son's life in jeopardy. Hell, I make sure my son's straps are secure and fastened right. I don't mess around when it comes to my baby's safety.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My stupid ex-husband didn't strap the car seat in but he did strap my son in the car seat, then we go to drop him off at day care, he then starts to pull into the driveway unusually fast with a sharp turn the rocking of the car and the sharp turn made the seat flip over! He was wedged inbetween the backseat and the back of my seat. I swear, I cried and yelled at him and told him he did it on purpose. Fuckin' idiot, now, I;m pissed all over again.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009