What could small round bald spots on a mans head mean?

My cousin recently shaved his head and found little round bald spots on his head. The hair does not want to grow back. There is no lump, it is not red or discolored, it is just bald. What could have happened? Is he sick?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• androgenetic alopecia, it's a common non life threatening condition. There' s not much you can do to treat it. I've seen it with people that have lupus also. Some people get it so bad they wear wigs and hairpieces. That's what I do for a living, so I see it a lot.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• alopecia areata my mom has it and she gets shots in her head and uses Rogain to help the hair grow back he needs to get to the dr and find out if thats what it is, it could make all his hair fall out in worse cases but my moms wasnt that bad but if he is told by a dr thats what he had they can go from there with treatment. G/L
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It could just mean that he is starting to go bald. My friends husband had a stroke and where in his brain the stroke was located, his head balded in that spot. Your cousin could be sleeping in a way that the hair is being rubbed off, the hair follicles could be dead in that spot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Scars maybe?
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2009