When is the best time to have a baby shower?

(no anonymous posts please) when am I supposed to have it? Is it customary for someone to throw one for me? Should I give myself one if nobody else does? Do I make a "wish list" for it? HELP Im a first time mommy and idk how baby showers work?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 24 weeks, i decided to throw my on shower. me and the hubby are both going to do it. and we plan on having it when i turn 7 months so if we need to exchange things, or if we dont get something we need we will have plenty of time to shop.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• normally someone would throw it for you. if you want one and no one has mentioned it i would ask a close close friend if she would throw you one. as for a wish list you register so yes you make a wish list for it. you can register at a baby store, a local target/walmart and online at lots of different places. i would register at one or two places. and i would make sure you dont register for the same things at both places that way you dont get two diaper pails. as for should you give yourself one if no one else does, i guess thats up to you and how you feel and how you would feel if someone got offended by it...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i guess after you announce whether or you have a boy or a girl for the 3rd time so everyone is definitely sure on what to get you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• hi im having my baby shower at 29 weeks 7 months all my friends that i know and everyone usually has it at 7 months i dont know why maybe its so u could have the other two months 2 rest and to get ready for the baby this is my second boy if u have any other question feel free to pass by my page bye good luck on your baby shower take care ,
    janit

Answer by janit at 1:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• usually 7-9 months...im having my baby shower April 19th and my due date is April 22nd =P

talk about interesting timing..hahaha

but its okay...ive been busy and my bf's mom is hosting the baby shower and this was her only available day to book a baby shower (she owns her own business AND works at the ER so) =D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 1:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My mom threw my first baby shower and i threw my second so it's up to you. I had both of mine when i was 35 weeks.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• normally peopledo it around 7 months. and someone throws it for you.you can register for things you want really anywhere like babies-r-us, target,wal-mart..all kinds of places. just make sure someone puts it in the invites where you are registerd at. had 2 baby showers with my daughter.i didnt register any where so i didnt really get the things i wanted, but this time around i am def registering! lol. if you want to throw yourself one that is fine.i have heard of people doing that too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would do it sooner than a month earlier than your due date. My mom threw me one for my first baby like August 20 or so and my dd was Sept. 21. My mother-in-law was going to throw me one and she picked Sept. 19. He was born Sept. 10, and apparently they all figured I wouldn't be up to going anywhere afterwards, so it was canceled. I was SO glad that I got to have the first one! lol
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 8:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2009