My daughter has knots in her nipples why?

I was giving my 7 month old daughter a bath tonight and her nipples are poked in instead of out and i went to pick her up and I noticed they felt like knots is this normal or should I be freaking out like i am right now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its fine... my daughters were too!! I asked the doctor about it and by shes 5 and their normal now. They were like that until she was 3 and a half. :) Dont worry... I was afraid she was gonna grwo up and have inverted nipples. My oldest kid is a boy, so that was new to me. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Also... those "knot" are breast buds... every girl has them~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It's very normal for baby girls to have several hormonal changes in the first year of life. Things like that are common, so are slighty lactating nipples, and very, very small amounts of pink discharge once in awhile. I was told this by my doctor. I'm positive your baby is normal.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my son had the same problem. the doctor told me it was fine. but whats funny is my son has one inverted and the other has a little spot and it is white.... its milk!!! Funny right? I was concerned cause it looked like a pimple but the doc said to leave it alone and it will eventually go away he said it might even take a few years but its fine. NO WORRIES ;-)
    My son also has knots behind one ear and the doctor didnt seem worried about that either.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 1:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• its the hormones that are in her body when she is born. my daughter had them too, VERY big lol like boobies any way, it is gone now... shes 6 weeks now.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2009