my 3 year old has an attituded with everything what should i do ?

hi my 3 year old its mr. attituded i put him in time out sometimes . because i tell him not to do something and he still does it , but he doesnt care after time out he does it again what should i do to make him respect when i tell him to stop or no . please give me some adviced im 7 months pregnant with my second boy and i need to know what actions to take when they dont do lisent to me before they drive me nuts, thank you

janit

Asked by janit at 12:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i think its a 3 yr old thing. my daughter is going through a stage where if i put her in time out she looks at me laughs and makes a run for it. i am also 7 months preg so chasing her really isn't an option after too long. and i would put her in her room with the gate up but then she'll just play and well that defeats the purpose. i'm hoping its a 3 yr old/new baby thing. i really have no answer just nice to see someone else with the same problem
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My 4 year old id about to be5 and has an addituide. She is spoiled.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Hes 3 thats what 3 year olds do. You have to start when their young! Or you get spoiled brats that will not take you seriously... I know I have 2 of these!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i am in the same boat with my four year old daughter. I am on my way to a nervous breakdown.
    kikismom082904

Answer by kikismom082904 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My 3 year old is the drama queen of a life time but when I have had it I put her to bed and walk out within a few minutes she comes out no more hissy fit and acts right, she back talks and say I don't have to, my answer to that is yes you do if you want...... usuall she wants cartoons or a cheap little andy she does what she is told to get what she wants we trade it works so far..
    mom2married7

Answer by mom2married7 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2009