? for christians

what do you say to people that says God's name in vain?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think most people say it out of habit or because everyone else does.I think they say it because it's a way of them letting off steam and not blaming themselves for bad things.Next time you hear someone say that, say God loves you or something,it will get them to think twice.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 7:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Nothing. Not my place to judge, and I don't consider saying G-D taking His Name in vain. Swearing (like oaths), making promises/bargains in prayer and not following thru, that's my interpretation of it. Read it in a book & it made sense lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I meant G-d@mn, not God without the "o" lol...eh I'm tired ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am not Christian but I don't believe in saying God's name in vain. Everyone has different beliefs of what defines taking God's name in vain and may not even feel it is a concern at all . I don't say anything. My beliefs are mine and I don't push them on anyone else.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It all depends on who said it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I don't say anything, unless it is said over and over.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well you can't even be sure they're talking about your god if they just say god. If they say jesus christ then you can be pretty sure they're referring to your god then you can take offense.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2009