breast milk?....

Ok so i just had my beautiful daughter on april 1st :]
I am not breast feeding but my boobs are extremely filled & tight and hurt so bad..... what can i do to get relief lol ..... i wanna drain these puppies but dont wanna stimulate them and produce more and be in more pain.... any suggestions??

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my best friends mom said something about a pill now that dries them out... ask your doctor
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would pump them a little bit. but only once a day. that should help with the fullness and make it a lil more bearable. within a week your milk should be drying up. if you dont have a pump you can find info online about how to self express your milk.... it shouldnt stimulate it enough to keep the milk supply going. once your body realizes that you dont need to milk it will dry up. while your at it why dont you feed it to the baby.... even if its a little and you dont want your child breastfeeding you can do it in a bottle :-) hope this helps!
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 2:07 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• put cabbage leaves in your bra. It helps to dry u out. Also tea bags that are wet (warm) will help to soothe
    jocemiah

Answer by jocemiah at 2:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i have also heard of putting cold cabbage leaves in your bra. also cold packs help dry it up. i know hot water in the shower makes your milk supply come in but when i had my first, i was hurting so bad i had ended up standing in the shower and let the hot water hit me. it made the fullness and pain go away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• just wondering if you have the milk supply why not bf your daughter. it is the best for the child. I bf my daughter for a year and it was the most special bond that you can have. if you dont want to nurse her at least feed it to her from the bottle there are so many important nutrients in the breastmilk and it is so good for them. I have a friend that cried everyday because she wanted to nurse so bad but she didnt have the supply. good luck and i hope that you do decide to nurse.
    Anonymous

• just wondering if you have the milk supply why not bf your daughter. it is the best for the child. I bf my daughter for a year and it was the most special bond that you can have. if you dont want to nurse her at least feed it to her from the bottle there are so many important nutrients in the breastmilk and it is so good for them. I have a friend that cried everyday because she wanted to nurse so bad but she didnt have the supply. good luck and i hope that you do decide to nurse

She is not looking for a lecture on her choice,but an answer to her question.
    Do not turn this into why BF is better than FF.
    Anonymous