when do your baby's father finally realize hes going to be a father?

I am 36wks pregnant and it seems as if reality hasn't set in to my boyfriends head. I am 20 and he is 23. He still goes out to clubs and stuff while I am at home waiting for the baby to come or reading baby stuff. Don't get me wrong he is excited about the baby its just that he says the baby isn't here yet. So I should stop acting if she wore. But I just want realility to set into him that he is going to be a father and all this going out will have to change for a little while. Does anybody understand what I am going through? advice?

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 1:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont worry all men are different they usually realize they are goint to be a father the moment they see the baby but u should start repeating to him that once the baby comes theres no more clubs for a while , believe me im 20 years old im pregnant with my second boy i had my first son at 17 and it was not easy but once he saw the baby everything became second for him including friends and goint out all the time now i have to pull him out of the house lol , well take care and be patience nice meeting you , o by the way my name is janit
    janit

Answer by janit at 1:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• When she was 5 , my daughters dad realized.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yeah, I know what you are feeling. I'm 17 and boy SO is almost 21 and he just doesn't get it sometimes. He doesn't wanna go shopping for baby stuff cuz he says it's too early and still has all these guys night out things where they go get trashed and act silly while i sit at home either feeling sick or just reading about what i have to prepare for and preparing for the next doctor appt and whatnot. He is excited and talks to my belly but I don't think he realizes that we are really about to be parents...he just doesn't get it yet. I'm sure once the baby comes your man will understand the responsibility, as will mine. just be patient, guys are goofy sometimes.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i wish my guy was like ours, were expecting our 1st im 18, 19 on the 17th and hes 20. Hes mostly up my butt 24/7 about making sure im eating right, sleeping, and taking my walks. Hes already got everything planned and were only 5 weeks along! ITS ANNOYING!
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 1:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• well most guys dont get hit with the fact that they are actually a father til the baby is born and it is time to take the baby home.... although my sons dads never came to this realization! they act like children, forget about raising one lol
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 2:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• when my hubby felt them move is when it hit him. but we're on #3 and hes already super ready for this one. talking about this and that. we're only 5 weeks, but he is wanting to be so prepaired. which is a good thing, but all his wants has us in debt already!!! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• when the baby is born but it doesnt mean hell stop goin to the club but good luck he might stop might not congrats
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 4:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• For my hubby it was when my sons head was popping out of me when he goes "oh shit I'm a daddy" LoL I laughed so hard.. didnt help him coming out but it was too funny
    TravisJohnsmama

Answer by TravisJohnsmama at 11:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It hit my husband when we were at the hospital and were told I'd need an emergency c-section right then. We both looked at each other and said "holy shit, we're having a baby!"
    quirkymama

Answer by quirkymama at 11:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2009