Are you really open-minded?

So here's a great little video, that does a great job explaining what it actually means to be open-minded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI&feature=player_embedded

It's just under 10 minutes long. After watching, let me know, do you still think you are open-minded?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 1:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well about race and stuff yeah, i mean i guess i believe in the super natural but i dont close out all scientific explanations... i dont really think about it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, I am predominantly open minded, especially in philosophical & spiritual matters.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, I am open minded.

I understand the video and respect the concept but I have to admit I am not impressed by it :)

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 1:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would have to say I am open-minded. I do believe that the super natural exists but I try to look at other possibilities first and then it is never "yes that was a ghost" it is "something is happening that I don't know how to explain therefore the possibility of it being a ghost is an option."
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I thought it was a good video and it made me think and consider my own opinions and attitudes. Thank you, for posting it.

I personally think that I am both, open and closed minded. LOL. I believe it is good to be skeptical and to have that filter. To not just believe every story you hear. I also agree that just because two people disagree doesn't mean that one is being closed minded. I also agree that if I am having a conversation with someone about God, it is totally not wrong for them to have questions and to want answers.

But while I am not threatened by other ideas, I chose my "truth filter" to be the Bible. If a story or idea doesn't agree with the Bible I dismiss it as false. If it agrees with scripture and glorifies God, I consider it to possibly be true. So I guess some people would describe that as closed minded. Oh, well : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i agree with hannah, i felt the same way
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• A little, but not so much my brains fall out.
    hdb

Answer by hdb at 11:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I'm not open minded when it comes God, sin, religion- but I am in other areas.

I'll have to go with [hdb]- I try not to be so open mimded my brains fall out
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I like that Kiter.!!!! I think that speaks for me personally as well.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 12:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• The problem with having an open mind is that everyone who comes along can put something in it. I believe in having a questioning mind rather than an open one.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2009