how many times can i reheat a bottle of breastmilk? or can i at all?

i wasnt sure...thanks to all who answer!

1-teen-mommy

Asked by 1-teen-mommy at 1:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can save the bottle at room temp for 4 hours. But you can't save, refrigerate, and reheat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• you can reheat once. and not in a microwave has to be with hot water. you can refrigerate and freeze your breast milk. it can sit at room temp for up to 8 hours. you will have to google the hours on refrigeration and freezing.
    taleasoldastime

Answer by taleasoldastime at 1:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• reheating a bottle in the microwave takes out alot of the nutrients of the formula. so its not the best idea. if you are going to heat a bottle heat the milk first before you put in the powder! I dont ever save a bottle at room temp for more than 2 hours. I find that after that it starts to stink. But if you keep a bottle at room temp I also would suggest heating it up.
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 1:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• in the freezer breastmilk is good for 2 wks, in the fridge 7 days, do not microwave bm use hot water. i would not reheat more than three times
    jocemiah

Answer by jocemiah at 2:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Well if it's frozen you would maybe heat it twice... once to thaw and once to feed. Otherwise I would say just once to feed... and if it's not used then throw it out.
    And and FYI you can freeze milk for MUCH longer than 2 weeks. In a deep freeze you can store milk for 6-12 months.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009