How, when and where did your SO(current or former) say "I love you"?

My now hubby told me one night when we were on my futon, watching tv one night. He said (all shy like) I have something I want to tell you and its 3 words. I told him you don't have to say it I know what you mean and I know its hard to say so we just won't...well about an hour later I told him "Ok say it now" and he said "Lena I love you". It was so sweet. I had him tell me a million more times that night. I never said it back till he was fixing to leave. I was hugging him on the front porch and I asked him to say it agian, he did and I whispered back in his ear "I love you too". He kissed me and left. It was all very sweet. I was 17 he was 20 and we've now been married 4 years.

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 1:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hahahahhaha. The first time my husband said he loved me he said all nonchalantly (sp?). we were sitting in my car just joking around. Not wanting him to leave for the night (he's military so has no need for a car at the moment). and he just said it like he'd been saying it for years. ...and being the bitch that i am i looked at him and said very sternly with a straight face "Dont tell that to me agian until you mean it!" LOL ...yea. i love him sooooo much.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• aww ♥ that's cute... the first time he ever said it to me, we were having a fight (don't even remember what it was about) and i was ready to leave... i was outside and everything, ready to go... he asked me back inside... got on his knees and was like " i love you and don't want you to go"... i cried...lol.... 5 1/2 yrs later... we're married ♥ been for a year on March 21st :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Haha, mine just said it last night. He actually said it in a fight. But earlier in the night I said, ' I have a question." and he said "The answer is I do". I had no idea what he was talking about, but now I realize that he thought the question was "Do you love me." even though it totally wasn't. But it should've been now that I think about it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I said it first...it was our third date, the third day we had known each other, and it was just right....I had just gotten out of a not so great relationship a few months prior so I was trying to take it one step at a time but it all just kind of sideswiped me. I was getting in my car getting ready to go home and I whispered it in his ear. He said "That's a relief because I love you too." Nyawww. Then six months later he proposed to me on a roller coaster as it was taking us up. Six months after that he came home from Iraq and we got married. We've been married for 2 1/2 years now :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my husband told me after we had been dating for 2 weeks. I told him he isn't aloud to say it again until I tell him it's ok to (it scared me because I wasn't ready for anything serious) well he kept saying it and we have been together for over 5 years now
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 1:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• haha we were sitting in his car before school one morning and we were talking and the conversation had gotten awkwardly silently. i went to say something else and i love you came out instead. it was quite funny considering i didn't even mean to say it...but we are still together=]
    taleasoldastime

Answer by taleasoldastime at 1:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We were in high school. I think he was still 17 and I was a new 16 and I had loved him since the day I met him. I just KNEW he was the "one," ya know? Anyway, we all had to gather in the cafeteria in the morning to wait for all the buses to arrive and as we were leaving to go to first period, I hugged him and kissed his cheek and whispered "I love you," to him then ran away lol. He yelled "WHAT?!" at me, but I just turned around and smiled. Later that day he walked me to my last class, kissed me at the door and said, "I love you," then walked away backwards. I floated into my classroom lol. We've been married since a week after I turned 18, almost exactly 1.5 years now.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My fiance told me he loved me on Christmas morning right at midnight when it turned christmas. we were sitting on the beach, in his car looking at the stars through the sunroof when he pulled me over to him and took my hands and said. "Amber i love you more then my music and i want to send the rest of my life with you... will you marry me?" i was the best christmas ever!

-----
    Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today! (http://toolbar.cafemom.com)
    Froggy_girl1790

Answer by Froggy_girl1790 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• my boyfriend tells me he loves me quite alot but not all the time but he doesn't need to I know he does
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 5:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2009