My Twins figured out how to release their highchair trays and they keep falling to the ground. Any suggestions on how to keep them on? Did anyone else have this problem & What did you do? (Other than buy 2 different ones, not what I want to do) Thought I'd ask... maybe some of you creative moms have some good ideas!?

(Fisher Price Rain Forest Healthy High Chairs)

Mommy--

Asked by Mommy-- at 1:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have 2 kids and never used a high chair.
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sell them on craigslist and buy the ones that go on the chairs.. maybe. depends on their age?
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• take the tray off and pull them to the table? Can they be lowered to the table? I have a high chair booster chair from target pretty cheap on;y about twenty bucks....they have trays that can be removed and pulled up to the table and the back of the chair also comes off as just a booster seat when they are older! Worse scenior....go to home depot and by some clamps lol...GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:44 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I also suggest pulling them up to the table if that will work. My highchairs didn't work at our table so I bought a couple of booster seats with straps; they love being at the table and being "big"
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Time to put them to the table. If that is not an option, then time to buy different chairs where the release is not so easily accessible to them.

If that is not an option...um...duct tape?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Lower the high chair to table height. belt in at let them eat at the table.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Depending upon what kind of high chair you have.....We have a wooden one with slats in the back and ever since my son figured out how to undo the belt, we've taken one of my 7yo daughter's belts and put it around him and the slats and buckled it behind them. He has never been able to figure that out. Yet. =)

You know those security covers for doorknobs that "babyproof" them? I want someone to invent a similar cover for those buckles. And pajamas that zip in the back. =)
    AutmnDreams

Answer by AutmnDreams at 4:01 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Doesn't it have a seatbelt also? Why would they fall out of the high chair just from releasing the trays?
    Anonymous

• Update : I called the manufacturer... I found out they redesigned the trays, must have been a design flaw, anyway, they replaced the trays based on my model numbers, etc. ALL IS MUCH BETTER NOW!!!!
    Thanks for the sharing the advice though, appreciate all the comments.
    Mommy--

Answer by Mommy-- at 12:11 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Glad to hear they were able to fix the problem for you! From one twin mommy to another....keep lots of duct tape on hand. You'd be surprised at how many quick fixes it can provide you with!
    twinnmom222

Answer by twinnmom222 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 15, 2009