1 out of every 10 people are on Food stamps??

I read that today and in Dec, Texas became the number one state with the most ppl on food stamps. And I also read that the increase of them Is just Temp. Have you seen this? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the economy sucks and people are losing their jobs, incomes and homes placing a burden on the people who are still working to not only cover the work of the positions that we lost but to have to carry those who are no longer working.

It is a shame no matter who you are but especially a shame for those who are laid off :-(
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I can't afford this, thats what I think...Just got my husband's bonus check for the year, it was 30K until uncle sam dipped his fingers into it!

Will you people go out and get a job already, PLEASE!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Do you have a job? Since your talking about your husbands check? Do you bring in a check as well?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just because people go out and get jobs is not going to make your taxes go down, your husband just got a $30k bonus for the year, what the hell are you bitching about? I have been laid off and without a job since december, wanna trade places, then you can have something to bitch about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Oh and my $217 a week i get in unemployment is too much for food stamps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I make 1400 a month I get 500 in food stamps. maybe re apply seems crazy.. you should be able.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• SAHM dont bring in any income so therefore cannot talk about others. FYI :) Have a nice day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Not that it's any of your business, but yes I do have a job. I have a problem with WIC, foodstamps and other assistance, because we can barely afford to eat ourselves, let alone feed everyone else and their children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

-------------
    What is that supposed to mean? Lets not make this an ass-hatty conversation about how SAHM's don't contribute. We contribute plenty. I've contributed enough from my paychecks before leaving my career and being a SAHM to complain about federal taxes (and every other tax) for the next 14 years.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1:50, wow, thanks. I feel sorry for those people that are now on food stamps because of the MASSIVE job loss in this country and have to hear comments like those. "Go out and get a job." Sounds so simple doesn't it? Who says they haven't been trying to get a job? Have you seen the employment ads lately? Have you seen the hundreds waiting on lines for 12 open positions? Have you stood in those lines? Shoot. I pay taxes too you know but I listen and learn and understand what is going on right now. Jobs are few and far between. Most people are stuck. Suck it up already and be prepared. People are suffering right now and I would rather they get a little bit of my tax money o they can put food on the table for their kids. I have better things to do than complain about my taxes. Fewer hungry kids = good works in my book.
    Anonymous