My boyfriend says I've missed his sexual peak now that he's 23..

He swears he is having a mid-life crisis, and is going to die around 40-50 years old. I've known him for almost 3 years and we used to have an amazing sex life, now he says i've missed his sexual peak because he's getting too old..I'm 18 years old and feel like i'm missing out! He is being ridiculous and I don't know what to do about him. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Hes crazy. lol
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 1:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• He needs a confidance build up! Try new things. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• He needs to see a dr, it sounds like he's got some mental issues... seriously, he could be clinically depressed.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OP - You know, he does say that he thinks that I think he's unattractive...I just don't know what to do to make him feel better about himself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• He has low self esteem issues. See if you can do something to help him build it back up. Good luck to you.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Leave little notes around the house where you know he will find them. Like on the mirror or in his boots. or whatever. have them say things like "i love you." "you're sexy" or things like "thank you for taking out the trash" or "thank you for going to work everyday" or whatever. get creative.
    Call him while he's at work just to say i love you. Or leave him racey voicemails on his cell phone. I think you get the idea.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Thanks, I will definitely try those things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Ok, honestly, in a very strict sense, men are supposed to reach their sexual peak between 18 and 21, but ONLY in that this is their "peak" sperm production time, NOT that there's a problem at OTHER times. Not to mention the fact that there is a LOT more to sex than sperm production. Point out to him that it's sort of like comparing McDonald's to a fine steak house. Yeah, McDonald's might serve more meals than the steakhouse, but we would all still rather a fine sirloin to a happy meal, if you know what I mean...

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• send him racy texts, or emails to work. seduce him one night instead of expecting to be seduced, give him a massage and wear something he'll like, pamper him for a bit; tell him how great he is, make what he wants/order what he wants for dinner, bring him a beer while hes watching tv....just bring up his self esteem as much as possible...and dont nag him about the sex thing, that will just make him feel worse and not want sex anymore than he already does
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Also, point out to him that, from a woman's point of view, QUALITY is SOOOO much better than QUANTITY - in fact, this is often why so many women go for older, more experienced men ;-)

Let him know that now, instead of being some young buck, ready to go at a moment's notice, you're kinda glad that he's getting a little older, because now he's getting "seasoned" :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009