How can I help get my 4 yearold adjusted to her new room?

Ok I tried the rotating lamp, I tried if you don't go to bed I will shut the door,i threatened to take the night lights away, the spankens, the eater bunny not coming, and she says take them away or I don't want bunny to come. I can fall asleep and she'll be asleep.Then she gets up around 11:00p.m. She stays up playing. So I have to wake up and make sure she stays in her room. She screams to the top of her lungs for hours if she don't get her way. She is used to being in a room with me and my fiance that with the move to Merritt Island she always says monsters are in her room. I sit and explain there are no monsters but then she says i hungry or thirsty. Tonight I didn't feel good I had a really bad toothache and fell asleep as soon as she was asleep. She got up playing and i didn't hear her.My fiance woke me up yelling at both me and her. i was half asleep and said somethings i didn't mean. He was mad I was giving in . Help?

kikismom082904

Asked by kikismom082904 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• put a gate at her door, even if she gets up she can't leave the room. have you decorated the room? let her pick out the decorations if you havent. at least if a gate is there though (granted if she cant get out of a gate already?) even if she wakes up and plays she is in her room and you dont have to worry about where she is in the house while you are asleep. if you really dont want her to play take her toys out of her room til she starts to sleep through the night in there and slowly bring them back in that way she wont have anything to do when she wakes up except go back to sleep
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• go buy some paint and have her help paint her own room. we just remodeled our house and my daughter (4) has never been comfortable by sleeping in her own room. Since we let her help paint and pick out decorations, she is perfectly fine with it. Kids use monsters, hungry, and thirsty to get out of going to bed i have noticed lol. Try that & do not give up on making her sleep in her room
    jocemiah

Answer by jocemiah at 2:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• have her pick out bedding she will want to sleep with, also give her a squirt bottle so she can "squirt the monsters" squirt gun works too. but have a nightlight, not brite just a glowing lite. also soothing cd's the type that can put ANYBODY to sleep!
    Good luck! I have been there!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2009