I am four weeks postpartum and still bleeding.

How long can you bleed for? and also, I just started noticing that my discharge has an odd smell now that it did not before or that I hadn't noticed before. I thought the bathroom just smelled bad but then I realized it was me. It smells like old, weird, smelly. hahaha I can't really explain it. Anyone else bleed for a month and smell odd?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_postpartum-normal-bleeding-and-discharge-lochia_11722.bc
    http://www.pregnancy-info.net/pregnancystages_thirdtrimester.html

it can last anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Oh! Plus I posted in health a question about getting dizzy. Like when you stand up to fast except I would have been standing for a while and it just comes on. I'm drinking plenty and eating good and not locking my knees. This will happen about three or four times a day. Could there be a relation?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i bled for 6 weeks.. so i hope its normal! lol no im jk it is normal... i have stopped wearing a pad but i still wear a panty liner sometimes because ill sometimes have a little discharge that has some blood in it and shes almost 7 weeks.. its normal :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes...i been bleeding for 4 weeks now but its really light..and i did notice a little smell like a week ago.
    bayleybilliot

Answer by bayleybilliot at 3:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• 6 weeks is the average... some people bleed more or less.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I bled for about 4 weeks. My friend bled for 6 weeks, and another for just 3 weeks. There where times I thought it was over and then nope, still kept going. Is it getting lighter?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes it is very normal to bleed for 4 weeks. I bleed for 5 then stopped a week and bleed again for another week. Their was a weird smell, but the dr. told me its because of all the blood and excess discharge. So no worries! :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009