IF you co-slept with baby, how do you know when they're ready for the Crib?

Orangeleopard02

Asked by Orangeleopard02 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We never used a crib. We went straight from cosleeping to the big bed. We allow our children to make the move when they are ready, because we are still comfortable with cosleeping.

If cosleeping has become uncomfortable to you, I wrote a journal to help the transition. http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/935039/MY_BREASTFED_TODDLER_WON_T_SLEEP

Meanwhile, I like to look at it this way...Your baby will have the rest of her life to sleep alone...why not enjoy this time while you can?
    wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 1:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I moved my son to a crib at 7 months because he didn't sleep well at night. he was waking up sometimes 4 or 5 times a night and we thought it was due to our movement(tossing and turning) and snoring. I think the best time is when it's no longer comfortable for you and baby.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 1:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We coslept for a about 4 months, but the baby wasn't sleeping well and neither were we, so we made the tough move to the crib. Once you stand firm, it's worth it and you feel more refreshed once you get used to it and then everyone is happier.
    LRBsMommy

Answer by LRBsMommy at 3:29 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We co-slept for about seven months....he moved to the crib when he crawled over me and fell off the bed into a nice comfy pile of blankets...thank goodness i'm a slob!
    Jessimica

Answer by Jessimica at 12:12 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i put my son in the crib the day he got home and thats where he slept my daughter sleeps with me and my husband like the girl said enjoy every minute of it so many people say oh thats bad thats causing problems for u and the spouse ...we love it.if my daughter dont sleep with me i feel the bed is empty and awkward my daughter is gonna be on her own one day leaving mommy alone so im takin advantage of the cuddles
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2008