Has your teen ever accussed of something so hurtful that you wanted to slap them?

Tonight was my daughters grand march for the prom...I showed up in a good mood, I had just come from spending time with hubbies family and they are a blast to be with!!lol....My daughter says to me after giving her and her date a hard time..."mom you have been drinking haven't you"? wtf!!! no I would not drink anywhere but at home or my sisters and it's not until after dinner and I'm not a drunk by any means!!!...she continues to say, " mom, I know what your like when your drinking and you have been haven't you?"......noooo...not at 5pm and to a public event!!! I told her that! but she went and rolled her eyes....I was in a flipping good mood and she thinks I was drinking!! I wasn't!!
Do your teens ever get the wrong idea?? yet they feel damm sure they are right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• YES AND I WOULD HAVE PULLED HER OFF AND TAKEN HER HOME RIGHT THEN AND THERE!! WHO IN THE HELL DOES SHE THINK SHE IS ACCUSING YOU OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT???

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• OHH..I know it and I should have but tomorrow we will have a talk...me doing the talking!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• lol i remember when i was like 16 i called my mom a B***** and threw a shoe at her and she smacked me across the face lol it hurt and i got a fat lip but hey i deserved it. its just not fair that parents today have to live in fear that cps could take them away if you make one false move. the system is so crooked
    Anonymous

• I don't know but having been around folks that aren't too cool when they drink, most of all I'd wonder why she'd say that. Maybe it was just your good mood that reminded her of a time you did drink, and maybe she was uncomfortable with that. Funny, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing - and you can remind that if she felt uncomfortable with the idea her mom was drinking, she certainly should remember that if it is ever her or her friends. (I personally have had momentary fears people were drunk due to some behaviour, but then realize they arent -but it can be scary)

You weren't drunk, so you certainly don't have to justify your good mood, but I wouldn't take it as if she was accusing you. Perhaps it was some misplaced fear that you? drank and act a certain way - that I would certainly explore (and yes, turn against her in a way... to remind her how others feel around people who are drunk... so she better not)
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 4:36 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My daughter told my husband "you're drunk aren't you." I could see his face he was hurt. He was at home on his night off. He ONLY drinks at home a couple nights a week.He doesn't drink any other night at all. But, he does get drunk. So, whether or not you were drunk, she obviously has seen you that way.
    Anonymous

• PhillyinFrance..You have made a good point....I was not drunk but have i been drunk in the past? YES I have...maybe she was being nervous and well I as was too. I don't know, however we won't be talking about it anytime soon because something has happend to a friend of hers and it is serious. She doesn't care what happend at the grand march all she wants is her friend safe.
    Yeah I will be thinking anyway of the past and how to change things for the future
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2009