how do you up your milk supply?

I just got mastitis from clogged ducts and my milk supply went way down. It needs upped so my baby does not starve (exaggeration)

jocemiah

Asked by jocemiah at 2:33 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nurse nurse nurse nurse. That will increase supply more than anything else can...gotta put the orders into the factory.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I pumped more often. The demand dictates the supply. I didn't have to deal with mastitsis but when I went back to work I started pumping more often So I'd have a bank built up in the freezer (for the sitter) and my production went into overtime. Good Luck.
    rasheedah

Answer by rasheedah at 3:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• pump alot it will help or nurse alot
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 4:27 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• breastfeed more often and add some pumping sessions in. Drink plenty of water and you could try a supplement like More milk plus
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• oatmeal helps...and google lactation cookies...along with nursing and water
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I drank lots of water and skim milk and fed whenever he wanted to eat. I didn't have a breast pump but he had such a good appetiteI had enough milk for 5 kids.LOL. I really think drinking lots of liquid was what helped. The Dr told me that before I had my son - he gave me some good advice about nursing.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Constant nursing. Offer the breast over and over again. Let the baby use you as a pacifier even for stimulation. When you're not nursing, pump even if nothing comes out. It's more stimulation. Stay hydrated. Drink Mother's Tea and try Fenugreek capsules. Take enough to make you smell like maple syrup. Lol.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have looked all over for Fenugreek and I cannot fing it. I am thinking I will have to go to GNC to get it
    jocemiah

Answer by jocemiah at 7:17 PM on Apr. 6, 2009