Any suggestions for heart burn other than Tums...

or other medications? I'm 7 months preg and I swear the heartburn was no where near this bad with my first. It happens no matter what I eat so I can't avoid certain foods like I did with my daughter. Any ideas would be great, I'm just sick of popping Tums a few times a day.

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 3:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Peppermint or Chamomile tea.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I had it really bad too that it caused me to have an irregular heartbeat for over a month. My ob told me take mylanta but being pregnant I didn't want to. So she told me that actually drinking water when the heartburn hit would dilute it and make it less intense. So I just carried bottles of water with me every where. And sitting up to sleep on a sofa or comfy chair also helped to keep it lowkey, lying down made it happen too much. It's not fun, I remember. I have three kids!! Feel better Mama!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• milk, vanilla ice cream, a sip or two of half and half, anything thick and creamy can normally help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• thanks ladies i'll give these things a try...im just so not used to it, the only time i have heartburn is while i'm preg so it annoys me even more!
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Zantac thats what my doctor prescribed for me. ....but you can buy it at your local drugstore
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• water,milk,vanilla ice cream, i tired mylanta (just a lil bit)& it didnt help.cause i get terrible heartburn too and im only 24 weeks and have had it since 15 weeks. docs tell you not to do the baking soda and water thing but i ended having to before.the ob doc told me just as long as i dont do it all the time. mix a spoonfull of baking soda with a glass of water and drink it down.its gross but it works very well.its about the only thing that works for me when mine gets too bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009