Have you ever put your phone/ cable in your childs name?

B/c, you arent able to because of credit or late bills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, and I never will. If my credit isn't good enough because I mismanaged my money OR if unfortunate circumstances befall me (job loss, medical expenses, etc.) that is my problem to deal with. I would never put anything in my childs name & potentially ruin my childs as-of-yet none existent credit. I think it's morally wrong.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Heck i have never heard of anyone doing that. Can ppl really do that?
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I have heard of it. I know a woman who put her phone in her kids name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I thougt you had to give your social security number for the phone company, I just figured they checked it
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• If you have to do that (and I'm not saying it's the OP) because you screwed up your credit then you will most likely screw up your kids credit. Sorry but it is true. I have heard of parents doing this and they did in fact screw up theire kids credit.Then they  really are a great mom if they do that, no really....

eye rolling

Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• oh no! my husbands father did this since they have the same name, my husband is a junior, and it f'ed up my husbands credit! i told him to challenge it but he wont because its his father. i think its BS
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 3:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• thank you gigi :]
    aliciatron

• Does that mean I can go buy me a Hummer in my sons name, be right back gotta go apply..heehee
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• No most likely its things you can do over internet or phone. Stuff that doesnt require ID.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• WOW people do that?!?!? I suppose I shouldn't really be suprised.

No, I would NEVER. I would go without. DD has a college savings in her room. I don't care how badly I need gas in my car or the phone bill paid--that is HER money and I'm not touching it. Same with her credit.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2009