old pictures

Why do people use such old pictures of themselves here and on other sites such as myspace, facebook ect. I am not talking about pictures that are a few months old or even a year old, I mean 5+ years old?
Do you do this? If so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't, but my older sister did on her Myspace. She's an attention whore, and she had bad luck with her "after baby" body. It did some serious damage to her figure. So she used her Senior pictures from when she had a very nice body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I guess my pic is almost two years old. I look exactly the same, and it's one of my favorite pictures.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• probably because hey are now fat and ugly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I know, right? A friend of mine gained a whole bunch of weight and has kept this weight on for about 3 years and she still has pictures of her up on myspace from when she was "skinny". I don't get it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• That really annoys me to. I guess they think they look better in the old picture.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• What's it matter? I mean if you lost your figure, and you're on a website where most of the people you interact with you will never meet in real life, why can't you use an old picture that makes you feel better?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:39 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• How sad is the fact that I have no old pics of me on a digital camera ( I just got mine almost 2 yrs. ago) so I posted some pics of myself here that are current and the date on the camera is wrong makes it look like it was 2006-7, when it is really how I look now. So now someone will think damn if she was that fat in 2006/7 how does she look now? lol, oh well, live and learn how to put the right date on your camera.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My myspace picture is of my son when he turned one. He is now seven. I just love the picture and it helps me remember that he is my baby no matter how old he gets and no matter what happens.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I've used a few older pictures but all my old friends that see my new pictures say i haven't changed a bit so i don't think it matters.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I got a funny story for this one. My (now) hubby used a pic of himself when he was 30 in the online dating site where we met. He was 48 at the time. I used a "glamour shot" of me that I had taken at 40 and I was 43. We laugh about it now. My hair was much longer in real life and of course, I wasn't so "glamourous!" His hair was also much longer and um...sort of thinner on top. LOL!
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 5:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2009