tips for a first time flier

Morning ladies! Do you have any tips for a first time flier? I already have gum packed, and a sippy for DD to drink from. I'm so NERVOUS! We're leaving for the airport in an hour. I called everyone yesterday to tell them I loved them, because I''m worried I'll never speak to my family again (morbid, I know, but that's how nervous I am).

Can you help calm my nerves, please?

epoh

Asked by epoh at 3:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The front of the plane is less bumpy. Make sure you bring quiet toys/ books that will occupy DD. Say a little prayer. You'll be fine.
    actress

Answer by actress at 3:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I would bring some coloring books or a toy to keep your daughter busy and a book you really enjoy for yourself. There really isn't to much to calm your nerves i've been on a plane a few times in my life and i still get freaked out before going on. The best thing i can say is i would bring things that will keep you from thinking about it too much, maybe bring a pillow so you have the comforting scent of home. Good luck and i'm know you'll be fine..
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I've never been on a plane, but the only thing I can think of is don't drink alot of water so you don't have to use that little ole bathroom. Lol
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 3:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, the bathroom is gross...Avoid if you can.
    actress

Answer by actress at 3:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2009