can a baby girl get a yeast infection??

and if yes how and why and how can you tell

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, they can, however, they aren't common. I have no idea as to how it builds up to be honest, but yeast infections look a bit like rash. So it may look like diaper rash. If you think your daughter or a baby you know may have one, get her seen by a pediatrician. They are ridiculously uncomfortable and painful.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes... for many reasons. Even certain soaps can cause it. Its a fungus. Get her some over the counter monist and just put it on the external. My daugh has gotten them. The doc told me to use femine wash only on her. Its non soap and she hasnt had any probs since. Oh and dont give her bubble baths.. not good for lil girls.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Theres also a rash that is fungal so she wud need the anit fungal cream anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes they can
    freshwhipped

Answer by freshwhipped at 4:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Its common in girls who have senstive skin.
    Anonymous

• thank you so it looks like a rash and not white stuff???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yep on my daugh its red looks iritated not white but its still fungal. she couldnt even sleep. I got her some stuff from walmart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• oh one more thing i just thought of it , i always used Gentian violet it stops the itch pain and will heal it , but of course i am not a doctor i just tell you this because i used it plenty times in my livetime .

Good luck
    freshwhipped

Answer by freshwhipped at 4:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My daugh is 4 so she could tell me she was not feelinf all good down there. But she said " my butt hurts" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• yes and actually so can little boys.. i worked oin a daycare for a year and we saw it alot.. my son only ever had one and it was from anitbiotics
    heres a fewreasons they happen:
    * peeing alot and alot of mosituer bieng built up in the diaper
    * not bieng wiped well enough (not saying you dont wipe her im jsut giving a fact)
    * heat and humdity
    *antibiotics (THIS IS THE NUMNBER ONE CAUSE!!!!)

*if mother had one at time of delivery

also thrush is yeast infection in the mouth from breast or bottle feeding and happens alot when babies are supplementing

it usually looks like a really bumpy irritated dipaer rash.. DO NOT USE DIAPER CREAM this will make it worse.. in the mouth it looks like white film almost like leftover milke after they get done eating
    the doctor will prescribe a cream for vaignal usually nystatin .. you can use OTC medicine like EXTERNAL monsitat but (cont)
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2009