Wiccans, what are you doing for Beltane '09

So what are you going to do? I'm looking for suggestions. I'd like to celebrate it this year, but I'm not sure where to begin lol. And another question, is it May 1st or April 30th? I've heard both. I always thought it was May 1st. Help?! lol Thanks!

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:29 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• As with all Sabbats I start by searving a "special" dinner because my husband is a muggle. So this way I can include my family even though they really aren't part of the celebration. Then after the kids are asleep I usually have a small ritual and try to have sex... But as most nights my hubby will most likely be asleep by then. For MayDay I set up a maypoll and take the kids outside... nothing really big, but it works for me...

I know you are still rather "newish" so if you don't have a ritual yet check out the site I messaged you with - paganspath- they have a good one that is bendable to fit you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Im watchn the wiccan scoby doo epo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I celebrate Beltane EVE, in other words the evening of the 30th, before May 1st. To bring in the May,as some say.
    Hey Anon...hi but stay real, ya know?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:19 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Beltane Eve is 4/30. Your ritual really should be at sundown on Beltane Eve, if you can. My husband built a lovely firepit/stone circle in our back yard but it has never been consecrated to the goddess. I think Beltane this year is the right time.
    cpyrrha

Answer by cpyrrha at 11:41 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I'm not Wiccan but Eclectic Pagan. I celebrate Beltane in an open circle held by my local CUUP's Group at the UU fellowship. We've yet to hammer out the ritual but I understand there's always a 20 foot May Pole and ribbon dance. And with our group, it all ways ends with a pot luck full of yummies!
    Personally me and my hubby arrange a little time for a late night ritual of hieros gamos.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:49 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• We're having our Annual "Burnt Offering to the Gods" Ritual and BBQ!

It's bring-your-own-meat (or meat substitute) to be put on the grill/sacred fire. The first bite of each food is cast into the fire as a thank-you to the Gods for providing the meats (and meat subs) and an offering the the Gods to ask for more blessings and bounty.

(And to onlooking Muggles...it just looks like a cook-out!)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am not sure what my group is doing. I guess I better check so I will know what to bring. Thanks for the reminder.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2009