Does anyone have any tips about potty training and being 2 years old

tasha724

Asked by tasha724 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't potty train unless they are giving signs like taking the diaper off, letting you know when they pee or poo and staying dry through the night.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Consistency is the key. My daughter is almost 2.5...and she's all about the potty. Just 2 months ago, she'd have nothing to do with it. So i just waited until she started showing interest. Now, I ask her about every 15 minutes if she has to go, sometimes she says yes and sometimes no. Sometimes she just tells me on her own that she needs to pee. I did this with my son as well (the asking him about every 15 minutes) and with in 3 weeks to a month, he got the hang of it. When I started doing this (with both kids, 6 years apart), I banished the diapers (except at night and if we were going somewhere and we'd be gone a while). There were accidents, yes, but we got thru it. Good Luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• (I just posted this response to another question, but I'm pasting it here because it's essentially the same question...) Take a look at this (It's a permanent post on the "potty training moms" group on CM, which I recommend) : http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1182517/3_Day_Potty_Training
    The "3-day method" isn't as gimicky as it sounds. It's actually a method that was used more often when kids were typically trained by the age of 2. For us, it took more like a week, not 3 days. The basic gist is that you go straight to regular underwear and train really hard for a few days, rather than easing into it. My 19 month-old daughter did so great. She's 22 months now and still totally trained... she has an accident about once or twice a month. Definitely read some of the other posts by women doing this method. Let me know if you have any questions.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2009