• In the Spotlight:

neck pain in 5 year old

My 5 year old said she was getting out of bed when she "popped" her neck and now she can hardly move her head "up" without it really hurting. Says it doesn't hurt when she moves her head from side to side or turns her neck from side to side. It's the up movement that really hurts her. Other than this she is ok. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to help ease the pain?

She's walking and moving ok, she just keeps her hands at the base of her skull. That's where she says it hurts when she tries to look up.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't think there is anything you can do or maybe use a heating pad. It may be sore for 2 or 3 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just to be on the safe side take your dd to the doctors... let them do a once over on her... as the pp said it could be nothing that a heating pad won't take care of, but I would take her in anyways...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2009