Grandparents showing favoritism....

My DD was the first born and is now 3. My SIL has a DD also that is 18 months old and they get to see her more and it seems like when we are all around, my father-in-law leans toward my niece more. ANd it sometimes bothers me. My DD doesn't see it now but she will one day! Anybody else experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes all the time. I have two boys but my BIL had the fist girl so she gets all the attain. My SIL has three boys as well and this happens to her kids too. All the kids are starting to notice so I don't know how long I can keep my mouth shot about it. Everything is all about her

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 9:26 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• You should speak up. Have a sit down talk with the grandparents. If the grandparents will not change there tune..Stop  letting them see the grandchildren.Stop going to family events.

Answer by louise2 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I also have this problem with my DD. My mom shows favoritism with my niece. She calls her her baby. And doesn't do this with my DD who is a baby and my niece is 3 now. My mom also showed favoritism while we were growing up and swears that she didn't.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Oh yeah! My sis was really jealous that I had the 1st grandbaby so she has made it her goal to make sure that her children are the favorites. And well, it worked. I get just as frusterated at my parents as her cause they fell right into it.
    Anonymous