Today can you make someone's day nicer somehow whether or not you know that person?

My dd lost in the house I believe, an ipod. But she thinks a repairperson who was here yesterday took it I highly doubt that because actually another ipod was closer to the repairman, and that one is accounted for. Hers was not anywhere near him. I want to be mad at her for being irresponsible but I'm not. Patience and tracing steps is what I'm urging to not upset her more even if it is lost in the bowels of my house.

How can you make someone's today nicer and because of it yours too? Can you be nicer to a stranger somehow?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• My advice is first off, to tell your dd that if she'd put it up, it wouldn't have been out there for anyone TO get their hands on to steal (need to teach myself that one too) and that blaming other people first isn't a good idea. You're right, retrace steps, think about the last place you remembering using it or seeing it. When I'm looking for my phone or my portible satellite radio, I try to think of the last song I heard on it, and it brings it back to me and I'll remember dancing around doing dishes or something like that and then it brings me back to one of the kids hollering "MOM!" and I remember that I had to go find the remote, which means I went to the couch, so my player has to be on the desk because it's next to the couch... it's like a dang brain quiz to try to find anything lol I'm going to call it brain exercises lol :) This is their way of keeping our brains active I think. You think? lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I treat people the way they treat me..So if they are nice to me ,,I am nice to them..If they are not nice to me,, I am not nice to them..Simple as that...You should be teaching your DD that you do not accuse people of doing something tell you have proof.

Answer by louise2 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Sounds like your DD is just upset. Alot of people last out at anything at first, then when have time to think about it realize that was stupid. Maybe it will turn up. GL
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 9:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• That's not the question and obviously your good advice is what was said what said by me to my daughter.. Obviously the repairman did not have free access to our home through out it. If I were teaching her it's alright to accuse some one of something then I would have typed I suspected the repair man. Being nice to you a stranger seeing that you're for some reason quite uptight about my daughter, I wish you a calmer day that how yours has started out. Good thoughts for a better day are coming your way mommy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i MEAN lash not last - sorry type - o
    bristle3kids

• Sorry - I guess I did not read question fully. I think I am going to just stop answering questions because I am not very good at it. I am being bashed all the time in here - maybe CM is not for me.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• bristle3kids i'm op. you didn't say any thing wrong and neither did the first poster who I commented back to. Why is every one's day starting out grumpy? The explanation of my question wasn't the question itself. I'm sorry we're all misunderstanding each other and the question itself that I asked at the beginning of my op and at the end of it when I asked the question again. No one said anything mean to me that's made me mad. Sorry bristle3kids that you feel bashed all of the time on cm. I didn't think I bashed any one not you not the first responder. We're not all bad. Can I do any thing to make both your days better. Some times a way to be nice to to ask how can I help?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I personaly did not feel you bashed me..I answerd the way I feel about being nice to people......And the rest was just advice..Take the advice it or leave it.

Answer by louise2 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• LISA_ANN_P WOW GREAT GREAT IDEA TO THINK OF THE LAST SONG HEARD ON IPOD PLUS RETRACING STEPS!!!!! YOU"RE RIGHT REMEMBERING THE LAST SONG OR WHATEVER ELSE MIGHT HAVE BE DONE LAST CAN HELP TRACE.

THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR IDEAS AND GOOD THOUGHTS!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 7, 2009