when should I start my period after taking the nuvaring out?

This was my first month on it, I took it out friday morning. I cramped the whole time I was on it, now that its out I haven't had any cramps lol. Just wondering if anyone knows how long?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Health

• It should only take a few days. The most I had to wait before my period started was 5 days. With this being your first month of using it, you may not even have one since your body is adjusting to it. If you don't have your period by next Friday then I would take a test just to be sure and if it is negative, start using the next one.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I was on the nuva ring, u are to take the nuva ring out during your cycle and u get a new Nuva ring every Month, they didn't give u like a timer to keep track of this?? It's usually included!! I didn't care for this contraceptive being it came out alot during intercourse so, how effective might that be??? And, I was alway's cramped while using this-Good Luck 2 U!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 11:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009