My 12 moths baby boys lower back has a big red rash!

I am new here ,and also a first time mom! My son is 12 mths old and his getting some red little (but a lot one by one) pimple like rash on his lower back! I got a cream from pharmesist but it does not work ! The spot is getting bigger. If we bath him it turns very red! Anybody heard from this! He seems to be okey with it no fever no scraching,but it scaryz me! We going to see the DR. next week caz his in vacation! splease if you had this situation before plz help us ! Thank

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Im am not a dr but it sounds like a contact allergy, he might have something that is irritating him, either clothes or something he ate.

try washing his clothes is a milder detergent or switching cleaners from the toxic brnads, that is what I did for my daughter who had a similar experience and it worked great..
    klangert

Answer by klangert at 10:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• It could be heat rash , or an irritation from his diapers wipes or cloths , it could even be from the laundry det , The real answer lies in the Question , What have you done differently or changed B4 the rash appeared , Of course the best answer is consult his doctor , but in the past our doc would just ask me what Ive done differently and try to figure a cause , but he said if it isnt hurting him then just give it time and care
    melissa33181

Answer by melissa33181 at 10:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• My son had the same thing. I switched from Pampers to Huggies and he got a pretty widespread rash on his low back-it was the dye in the huggie. Clothing dye can cause it to per his Dr.
    She gave him a cream that knoked it out once we switched back to Pampers.
    tjscam7

Answer by tjscam7 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2009